The Critical Care Canada Forum is a 4-day conference focusing on the care of critically ill patients. Internationally recognized, the Critical Care Canada Forum focuses on leading-edge science through informative and interactive sessions. The Scientific Abstract session at the meeting provides an opportunity for investigators, clinicians, and trainees in varied disciplines to interact and to exchange and disseminate innovative research, knowledge, and technologies.
We invite physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, physio- and occupational therapists and other allied health professionals to submit their science for presentation. Abstracts and posters will be displayed using an electronic format; therefore we also encourage you to consider using images and video in presenting your science, where appropriate.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Abstracts will be accepted in English OR French;
- Headings: Abstract title, Authors and Affiliations, Introduction/Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusion; References
- The total length of the abstract (Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusion) should not exceed 3,500 printable characters, including punctuation and non-visible characters such as spaces;
- Supporting files (up to 3) – graphics, text, tables, and images will be accepted for uploading (e.g. doc, docx, Adobe PDF, xls, xlsx, jpg, jpeg, WMV video file – up to 50MB);
- Only abstracts that are complete and in accordance with the instructions provided above will be considered for review
KEY DATES/ DEADLINES
Early Submission Deadline: April 3, 2018, 4:00 pm EST
Early Acceptance Notices sent by: May 7, 2018
Accepted Presenters to confirm presentation by: May 21, 2018
Submission Deadline: July 2, 2018, 4:00 pm EST
Acceptance for Oral/ Poster & Decline Notices sent by: August 1, 2018
Accepted Presenters to confirm presentation by: August 8, 2018
Final ePoster and oral session details sent to presenters by: August 27, 2018
NOTE: Only abstracts submitted by April 3, 2018 will be considered for Oral Presentation.
International applicants needing to apply for a visa are strongly encouraged to submit their abstracts by the early submission deadline, in order to guarantee a timely acceptance notice (if applicable). Please note that visa applications may take 60 to 90 days to process. Applicants requiring the acceptance notice earlier than, please contact the conference secretariat at email@example.com or call +1.519.263.5050 / +1.519.263.6003 (direct line).
For all accepted abstracts, the presenting author must register for the conference in order to present (Oral or e-Poster).
We can provide letters of invitation to registered attendees required for visa applications. Invitation letters can be requested once registration and payment has been provided in full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Letter of Invitation.
We are pleased to consider financial support for applicants from Low and Middle Income Countries submitting abstracts, on a competitive basis, by Early
Registration deadlines and fees: click here for details
Submission/Late Breaking Submission Deadlines (Contact email@example.com)
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Copyright Transfer Agreement – Authors are required to agree to the copyright transfer acceptance noted below before submitting an abstract:
The submitting author must affirm on behalf of ALL authors:
- that the material presented in the abstract is original material;
- does not copy or otherwise infringe on the copyright or other proprietary rights of another party;
- that the author(s) have been involved in developing the work presented in the abstract in order to take responsibility for the content;
The submitting author must ensure:
- Conflicts or potential conflicts of interest must be disclosed. Such conflicts may include, but are not limited to, any activity related to the work presented in the abstract submitted that may influence the author’s judgment, for example:
- Having received fees for consulting on a product or company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- Having been employed by a related company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- Holding stocks or shares in a company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- When in doubt about whether a conflict or potential conflict may exist, please notify the secretariat upon abstract submission
ABSTRACTS MAY BE SUBMITTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
- Basic or Translational Science
- Quality Assurance & Improvement
- Clinical Case Report
- Survey or Interview (quantitative or qualitative)
- Retrospective or Prospective Cohort Study
- Clinical Trial
- Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, or Meta-synthesis
AUTHOR CATEGORIES (applies to first author only):
Trainees: Undergraduate students or graduate students enrolled in a degree program (PhD, Masters degrees including MPH, MN, MSc, etc.); health care professionals in training (e.g. residents and fellows), Allied Health professionals undertaking residency programs (i.e. pharmacists and dieticians) or specialty education (i.e. RNs completing a critical care course).
Non-trainee: Health care professionals (Physicians, Nurses, Respiratory therapists, Pharmacists, Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, Dieticians, other) not undertaking a training program as described above.
- Abstracts can be submitted online only.
- Browser: for best results we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox when submitting your abstract. Do not use Internet Explorer unless you have to.
- To start your submission: go to LINK, and login using your existing username or create an account if you are a new user.
- Only abstracts in English or French will be accepted;
- Upload of supporting files will be available: graphics, text, tables, images, and videos will be accepted (Max 3 files: doc, docx, pdf, ppt, xls, xlsx, jpg, jpeg, WMV video file, up to 50 MB);
- Headings are mandatory: Title, Authors, Introduction/Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusion, References.
- The total length of the abstract should not exceed 3500 characters, including punctuation and non-visible characters such as spaces (character limit applies to the Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. Title, Authors and References are not included in the character count);
- Only abstracts that are complete and in accordance with headings provided will be considered for review;
ABSTRACT REVIEW & JUDGING
Abstracts will be reviewed and scored by a panel of interprofessional judges prior to the conference.
Accepted abstracts will be presented at the Critical Care Canada Forum 2018 as Oral OR e-Poster presentations.
Top abstracts by trainees may be invited for an oral presentation in a related oral session. e-Poster display will be optional for those invited for an oral presentation. All other accepted abstracts not selected for an oral session are expected to be presented as e-Posters.
POSTER SESSIONS/ VIEWING TIMES
ALL presenting authors are expected to be present at their e-Poster during designated poster viewing times (times TBD), and should be prepared to facilitate discussion with delegates, and poster discussion facilitation panel, which will consist of national and international faculty.
ALL e-Poster presenters will have the opportunity to provide a brief oral summary of the poster, followed by discussion with the poster discussion facilitators and delegates. Posters will be displayed electronically for the duration of the conference.
Authors of all accepted abstracts will be offered the opportunity to publish their abstract on-line at the Critical Care Canada Forum website OR with the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, if the abstract has not previously been published elsewhere.
Authors will also have the opportunity to decline publication of their abstract, should they wish to submit and publish their abstract in another venue.
For queries regarding the abstract submission process or if having technical difficulties, please contact:
T: 1.888.527.3434 (Toll free) / +1.519.263.5050 / +1.519.263.6003 (direct line)