Call for Abstracts
Due to the evolving situation around COVID-19, the Critical Care Canada Forum Organizing Committee has made the decision to move this year’s Conference to a virtual platform in the best interest of delegates and faculty.
There will be a live meeting component for the Toronto-based audience on October 5-7, 2020, and live streaming on these dates (4 hours per day live, repeated for various time zones). The full program will soon be available here.
Internationally recognized, the Critical Care Canada Forum focuses on leading-edge science through informative and interactive sessions. The Scientific Abstract session at the meeting provides an opportunity for investigators, clinicians, and trainees in varied disciplines to interact and to exchange and disseminate innovative research, knowledge, and technologies.
We invite physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, dietitians, physio- and occupational therapists and other allied health professionals to submit their science for presentation. Abstracts and posters (e-Posters) will be displayed electronically on the CCCF website. E-Posters will include a pre-recorded narration feature (new), as well as images and videos.
Abstract submission is now closed
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Abstracts will be accepted in English;
- Headings: Abstract title, Authors and Affiliations, Introduction/Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusion; References;
- The total length of the abstract should not exceed 3500 characters, including punctuation and non-visible characters such as spaces (character limit applies to the Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. Title, Authors and References are excluded from the character count). Text only (no graphics, images or tables are allowed in the abstract body);
- Supporting files (up to 3) – only images (jpg, jpeg, or .png, with resolution 300 dpi, up to 10 MB) and videos (WMV video file – up to 50MB) will be accepted for uploading. Only images will be included in published abstracts;
- Only abstracts that are complete and in accordance with the instructions provided above will be considered for review;
- Abstracts can be submitted online only;
- Browser: for best results we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox when submitting your abstract. Do not use Internet Explorer unless you have to;
- To start your submission: click here and follow the instructions.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Copyright Transfer Agreement – Authors are required to agree to the copyright transfer acceptance noted below before submitting an abstract:
The submitting author must affirm on behalf of ALL authors:
- that the material presented in the abstract is original material;
- does not copy or otherwise infringe on the copyright or other proprietary rights of another party;
- that the author(s) have been involved in developing the work presented in the abstract in order to take responsibility for the content;
The submitting author must ensure:
- Conflicts or potential conflicts of interest must be disclosed. Such conflicts may include, but are not limited to, any activity related to the work presented in the abstract submitted that may influence the author’s judgment, for example:
- Having received fees for consulting on a product or company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- Having been employed by a related company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- Holding stocks or shares in a company which might be affected by the publication of your paper.
- When in doubt about whether a conflict or potential conflict may exist, please notify the secretariat upon abstract submission
ABSTRACTS MAY BE SUBMITTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
- Basic or Translational Science
- Quality Assurance & Improvement
- Clinical Case Report
- Survey or Interview (quantitative or qualitative)
- Retrospective or Prospective Cohort Study
- Clinical Trial
- Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, or Meta-synthesis
AUTHOR CATEGORIES (applies to first author only):
Trainees: Undergraduate students or graduate students enrolled in a degree program (PhD, Masters degrees including MPH, MN, MSc, etc.); health care professionals in training (e.g. residents and fellows), Allied Health professionals undertaking residency programs (i.e. pharmacists and dieticians) or specialty education (i.e. RNs completing a critical care course).
Non-trainee: Health care professionals (Physicians, Nurses, Respiratory therapists, Pharmacists, Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, Dieticians, other) not undertaking a training program as described above.
Final submission deadline: EXTENDED to July 31, 2020, 12:00 noon ET
Acceptance for oral/ePoster & decline notices sent by August 17, 2020 (subject to change)
Accepted Presenters to confirm presentation by August 24, 2020 (subject to change)
Final e-Poster and oral session details sent to presenters by August 31, 2020 (subject to change)
ABSTRACT REVIEW & JUDGING
Abstracts will be reviewed and scored by a panel of interprofessional judges prior to the conference.
Accepted abstracts will be presented at the Critical Care Canada Forum 2020 as Oral OR e-Poster presentations.
Top abstracts by trainees may be invited for an oral presentation in a related oral session. e-Poster display will be optional for those invited for an oral presentation. All other accepted abstracts not selected for an oral session are expected to be presented as e-Posters.
More details coming soon.
Abstracts being presented at the CCCF 2020 will be available on-line at the Critical Care Canada Forum website, during and after the conference. Authors will have the opportunity to decline having their abstracts posted on the CCCF 2020 website.
Authors of abstracts presented at CCCF 2020 will be offered the opportunity of having their abstracts published in the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia (CJA). In order to be published in the CJA, abstracts cannot have been or be in the processes of being published elsewhere. Authors will be contacted regarding the publication of their abstract(s) in the CJA, after the conference. Authors will be able to decline publication of their abstract in the CJA, should they wish to submit and publish their abstract in another venue.